Sunday, February 8, 2009

Moment by Moment

I read a post from a friend of a friend of a friends blog today and I thought it was great. I want to share it with you all.

The author of this post is going through an agonizing time of pain as she deals with the loss of her husband.

Such a tremendous sadness. In the morning I wake to it. It’s a reality that is so difficult to even let my mind think of. Every morning when it sinks in just a bit I can’t help but throw up...

...But what I thank God for is that it’s not like that all day. I think it would be without hope. In the morning, as soon as I start to awake it’s like I’m slapped in the face with reality. Mark is gone. It wasn’t just a nightmare. He’s really gone and he’s never coming back. But moment by moment God takes me through the day. And I don’t stay so sad. Life doesn’t stay so dismal. God truly gives me hope. I am hoping that He will redefine my purpose. Give me direction and set His plans before me. I am encouraged throughout the day through God’s promises. Knowing where Mark is. Thanking God for the amazing love that we were able to share and the time that He gave us. That helps so much…to look at all the blessings that God has given us.
The pain we feel is very real. Sometimes I wish God would just get rid of all the pain and hardship we have to go through. Even though I don't understand it, it will always be there. But I love how she talks about God taking her through the day, "moment by moment". Isn't that great? Each moment, good or bad, God is there, taking us through the day. It definitely spoke to me at a time when I needed to hear that.

1 comment:

E said...

Thanks for sharing this. I'm glad I could read about this woman's experience as she deals with the loss of her husband. (I can't even the pain she must be feeling!).

I pray that God will continue to be her source of strength from one moment to the next each day and that she will only become more edified in her faith and relationship with our Savior.

It's awesome how something this can arrive through a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend's blog. :-)