Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Theme for Christmas: "Presents" Vs "Presence"

I wish I could say I came up with this, but it was actually in a video at church we watched a few weeks back.

This Holiday Season, while I will still give "Presents", I will focus on giving more "Presence". After all, isn't that what Christmas is all about? The celebration of God sending his "Presence" through his son Jesus Christ.

Somewhere along the line, we may have confused the two. Clearly, this season has become largely about giving each other "Presents". I'll be the first to admit, I have given and received many gifts as recently as last year that I can't even remember.

So this year instead, while still buying "Presents", this year they will serve to facilitate and demonstrate "Presence", just as Jesus Christ modeled.

2 comments:

E said...

Nice. I like this idea. Thanks for posting and sharing!

Unknown said...

Very Nice Ryan~
I like this a lot. Giving meaningless gifts during this time of year always bothers me. I feel like to much emphasis is put on things rather than sharing our time and energy with the people we love. I like that you are bring this awareness into your life as well. Love and Light!